Thursday, October 4, 2007

Be a couch potato!

I am notoriously bad at remembering (and celebrating) birthdays, holidays and theme months. The only reason my sister gets a birthday card is because we share the same birthday. Actually, I don’t always remember to send her a card.

So, this may sound hypocritical, but I would like to challenge all blog readers to honor a theme month. Wait, before you start reading the NEXT post, let me finish. This would require very little work on your part. You can actually accomplish it the next time you are staring at the shelf at your video/dvd store, or you are deciding which movies to add to your queue online.

October is Disability Awareness Month. There are scads of current (or recent) feature films that have characters with disabilities. Pop some corn, watch the film and talk amongst yourselves. Then come back here and submit a comment about the movie, your thoughts, etc.

Here are some suggestions to get you started:

Touch the Sound
Murderball
The Hours
Proof
Finding Nemo
Angels in America
A Beautiful Mind
Unknown White Male
Frida
Girl, Interrupted
Iris
My Left Foot

Many other suggestions can be found at http://www.disabilityfilms.co.uk/

1 comment:

  1. Angels in America is one of my absolute favorite films. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger