Monday, February 7, 2011
Monday, May 3, 2010
Friday, April 30, 2010
In celebration of Green Up Day, several Student Advisory Board members and staff will be meeting at the Winooski site (1 Abenaki Way) this Saturday at 10:00AM to pick up trash behind our new building.
We would love to have some help so please, if interested, join us! The weather is supposed to be sunny and 77 degrees…perfect garbage collecting temperature! Trash bags will be provided but be sure to dress appropriately.
image by Olof S
Posted by E.Meenan at 10:00 AM
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
The Alternative Transportation Fair will take place in the Lobby of the Department of Health at 108 Cherry Street on Thursday, April 29, 2010 from noon-2pm
Go Vermont!, Vermont Bike and Ped Coalition, CCTA, and CCV will be there to provide information on alternative transportation options.
CCV's Moving Toward Sustainability class is working on solutions, guidance, information, and support that will encourage more people to leave their cars at home in favor of carpools, the bus, walking, biking, and other muscle-powered transportation. Let's make our move to Winooski an opportunity to start new patterns, and move toward greater campus sustainability! All visitors can enter to win free raffle items.
image by ecastro
Posted by E.Meenan at 9:14 AM
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
How will you get to CCV next fall?
CCV and the CCV Moving Toward Sustainability class challenge you to leave your personal car at home and carpool, walk, bike, or bus to school instead. If everyone can do this for even one week, it will reduce traffic congestion in Winooski, lower individual transportation costs, reduce pollution, and may even spark new friendships.
Pledge to leave your car at home and be automatically entered in a raffle for a $30 gift certificate to the Skirack, or a free 10-ride bus pass.
- Step 1: Pick up an entry form at the Learning Center or Pearl Street reception desks
- Step 2: Fill out the form with your pledge and contact information so we can tell you if you won the raffle.
- Step 3: Drop off your entry sheet at 119 Pearl St. or Learning Center Reception desk. You can also enter online at LeaveYourCarAtHome@gmail.com
- Step 4: Come to CCV’s Alternative Transportation Fair on Apr 29, 12 noon – 2 pm where the drawing to be held at 2 pm!
Posted by E.Meenan at 2:55 PM
As we all know CCV is blessed with a most varied and talented pool of instructors.
Gabe Hartstein, one of our dedicated mathematics instructors in Burlington, frequently speaks to groups about his holocaust experience. Here is an article regarding Gabe’s most recent presentation in Utica, New York.
Posted by E.Meenan at 9:27 AM
Monday, April 19, 2010
More than 200 people attended the International Food Festival last week as the sun set on the Overlook Café balcony in Burlington.
CCV students prepared dozens of different dishes including Ethiopian injera, Vietnamese egg rolls, Nepalese aaloo gobi tarkari, Cuban empanada and Colombian ceviche. They hailed from many countries including Uruguay, Brazil, the Netherlands, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Mali, China, Guam and the United States. Most importantly they reinforced the connections they have to home, each other and the greater CCV community. Champlain College student Van, a CCV graduate from Vietnam, told me “I came back to this because I love it and I still have friends here.”
Thank you to all of our cooks, hosts, musicians, and attendees for making the IFF an event to remember.
Posted by E.Meenan at 10:32 AM
Thursday, April 15, 2010
How will you get to CCV in Winooski?
The Moving Toward Sustainability class, led by Jeanie Williams, invites all students, faculty and staff to an Alternative Transportation Fair on Thursday, April 29 from noon to 2 pm to help the CCV community explore and discuss our transportation options. Please come to support students in their work to develop solutions, and compile helpful information related to alternative transportation at CCV.
- Listen to short student presentations on alternative transportation solutions and incentives. Discuss student projects with individuals.
- Access resources on why biking, walking, bussing, and carpooling are so valuable and how to take part in these activities.
- Enter free raffle drawings for prizes related to alternative transportation.Share your strategy for getting to CCV. How will you challenge yourself to leave your car at home?
- Speak with representatives from transportation organizations such as CCTA and the Vermont Bike and Pedestrian Coalition.
Please contact Jeanie Williams, 802-310-2285, email@example.com, if you have any questions, or if you have something to contribute to the fair. This is a whole community event.
image by gabriel amadeus
Posted by E.Meenan at 9:23 AM
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
- Environmental Science, Degree
- Sustainable Building Technology, Certificate
- Computer Systems Management
- Criminal Justice
- Human Services
- Massage Therapy and Bodywork
Posted by E.Meenan at 9:14 AM