Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August Resource of the Month - Fuel Assistance

Lisa Jensen, CCV's new resource coordinator, is here to help students access community resources. August's resource of the month is fuel assistance. Fuel Assistance can help to pay part of your home heating bills. You might be eligible for fuel assistance whether you:
• Own your home or rent;
• Pay for your heat directly or it's included in your rent;
• Rent a room in someone else's home; or
• Live in public, subsidized, or Section 8 housing AND your rent includes the cost of heat

It is best to apply by August 31. To determine your eligibility, your household's income and resources will be considered. Go to www.dcf.vermont.gov/esd/fuel_assistance for the eligibility guidelines.

If you have questions contact Lisa or call Call the Office of Home Heating Fuel Assistance toll-free at 1-800-479-6151. Automated information is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you need help completing the application form, contact your local Economic Services District Office, Community Action Agency, or Area Agency on Aging (for those age 60 and older).

No comments:

Post a Comment